Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: TTCN3 test case selection by keywords?

TTCN3 test case selection by keywords? 25 May 2004 13:04 #6674

Hi Everybody,

I'm interested in TTCN3 control part study. There is some test case selection mechanisms based on keywords for example?
I found some info, but only general references in this area. Can I find a detailed description, or/and some test examples about it?

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

Antal Fazakas
Software Engineer
Nokia-TP-MSW/Budapest
Phone: +36209849 834
Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Original Message
From: active_ttcn3 : mts stf133 ttcn version 3 - active members only
[This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.]On Behalf Of ext Theofanis Vassiliou-Gioles
Sent: May 20,2004 17:03
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Subject: Re: Function Parameterization and Arrays

Hi Jason,

a quick answer: Instead of using arrays try using "record of"
constructs. This should solve your problem. "Record of" are equivalent
to arrays. There you do not have to fix the length!

I try to compile a small useful example. But in the meantime I hope this
points you into the right direction.

Best regards,

Theo

Jason Capstick wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is some confusion here as to whether the TTCN-3 language allows arrays to be passed as parameters to functions.
> The spec does not explicitly rule out arrays as parameters.
> Example:
> function ArrayTestFunction(in integer arrayX)
> {
> ...
> }
>
> ...
>
> var integer arrayX[10];
> ArrayTestFunction(arrayX);
>
> The only way I see to do it is via a subtype with an arrayDef. This however fixes the size of the passed array.
> Example:
> type integer IntegerArray10[10]
> function ArrayTestFunction(in IntegerArray10 arrayX)......
>
>
> Does the type matching allow the following?:
> function ArrayTestFunction(in IntegerArray10 arrayX)
> {
> ...
> }
>
> ...
> var integer arrayX[5];
>
> Could someone please clarify this?.
> Are there any future changes to the way this is works to work?
>
> Thanks
> Jas
>
>
> *****************************************************************************************************************************
> The information contained in this email and any attachments is likely to be confidential and legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient named above only. Any copying, dissemination, disclosure of or use of this email or its attachments unless authorised by us is prohibited, except that you may forward this email and/or attachments to a third party on a strict "need to know" basis. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by forwarding the email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Please then delete this email and any full or partial copies of it.
> You as the intended recipient must be aware and accept that email is not a totally secure communications medium.
> Although we have taken all reasonable steps to make sure this email and any attachments are free from viruses, we do not (to the extent permitted by law) accept any liability whatsoever for any virus infection and/or compromise of security caused by this email and any attachment.
> No contract may be formed or documents served by you on or with us by this email or any attachments unless expressly agreed otherwise by us. Any views expressed in this email or attachments by an individual are not necessarily those of any UbiNetics company.
>
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TTCN3 test case selection by keywords? 25 May 2004 14:04 #6676

Hi Antal,

There may be (at least) two test case selection mechamisms:
- provided by the language
- provided by the tool

The tool-provided one - of course - is independent from the control part and merely the feature of the tool itself. The tool may provide selection and ordering of execution of test cases independent from the TTCN-3 code, i.e. of any control part(s).

The language provided one - de facto does not exist, at least not like the TTCN-2 test case selection. The reason for that is given in Theo's mail. It is very simple to code conditional execution - individual test cases or groups - e.g. (but not exclusivelly) by if-else statements and no specific language elements are necessary to do this.

Gyorgy
dr György RÉTHY, MScEE, PhD
Test Competence Center
R&D Division
Ericsson
Postal Address: H-1300, Budapest 3, P.O.Box:107, Hungary
Phone: + 36 (1) 437-7006
Mobile: + 36 (30) 297-7862
Fax: + 36 (1) 437-7576
Mailto: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Original Message
[This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.]On Behalf Of Antal Fazakas
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 3:05 PM
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Subject: TTCN3 test case selection by keywords?

Hi Everybody,

I'm interested in TTCN3 control part study. There is some test case selection mechanisms based on keywords for example?
I found some info, but only general references in this area. Can I find a detailed description, or/and some test examples about it?

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

Antal Fazakas
Software Engineer
Nokia-TP-MSW/Budapest
Phone: +36209849 834
Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Original Message
[This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.]On Behalf Of ext Theofanis Vassiliou-Gioles
Sent: May 20,2004 17:03
Subject: Re: Function Parameterization and Arrays

Hi Jason,

a quick answer: Instead of using arrays try using "record of"
constructs. This should solve your problem. "Record of" are equivalent
to arrays. There you do not have to fix the length!

I try to compile a small useful example. But in the meantime I hope this
points you into the right direction.

Best regards,

Theo

Jason Capstick wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is some confusion here as to whether the TTCN-3 language allows arrays to be passed as parameters to functions.
> The spec does not explicitly rule out arrays as parameters.
> Example:
> function ArrayTestFunction(in integer arrayX)
> {
> ...
> }
>
> ...
>
> var integer arrayX[10];
>
> The only way I see to do it is via a subtype with an arrayDef. This however fixes the size of the passed array.
> Example:
> function ArrayTestFunction(in IntegerArray10 arrayX)......
>
>
> Does the type matching allow the following?:
> function ArrayTestFunction(in IntegerArray10 arrayX)
> {
> ...
> }
>
> ...
> var integer arrayX[5];
>
> Could someone please clarify this?.
> Are there any future changes to the way this is works to work?
>
> Thanks
> Jas
>
>
> *****************************************************************************************************************************
> The information contained in this email and any attachments is likely to be confidential and legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient named above only. Any copying, dissemination, disclosure of or use of this email or its attachments unless authorised by us is prohibited, except that you may forward this email and/or attachments to a third party on a strict "need to know" basis. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by forwarding the email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Please then delete this email and any full or partial copies of it.
> You as the intended recipient must be aware and accept that email is not a totally secure communications medium.
> Although we have taken all reasonable steps to make sure this email and any attachments are free from viruses, we do not (to the extent permitted by law) accept any liability whatsoever for any virus infection and/or compromise of security caused by this email and any attachment.
> No contract may be formed or documents served by you on or with us by this email or any attachments unless expressly agreed otherwise by us. Any views expressed in this email or attachments by an individual are not necessarily those of any UbiNetics company.
>
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:

FacebookTwitterGoogle BookmarksRedditNewsvineTechnoratiLinkedin