Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What evaluates to true

What evaluates to true 17 Jan 2003 16:56 #6355

Hi,

Clause 19.7, the third paragraph:
"The termination criterion of the loop shall be expressed by the boolean expression. It is checked at the beginning of each new loop iteration. If it evaluates to true, the execution continues with the statement which immediately follows the for loop."

In my opinion "termination criterion" evaluates to true when "boolean expression" evaluates to false. It means that checked and evaluated is "termination criterion", not "boolean expression". It is not very happy wording IMHO.

Clause 19.1.1 Boolean expressions
"A boolean expression shall only contain boolean values and/or boolean operators and/or relational operators and shall evaluate to a boolean value of either true or false.
EXAMPLE:
((A and B) or (not C) or (j<10));'

Is it complete definition?
I think about e.g. 'subexpressions resolving to boolean values' because "j" variable seems to be not of boolean value although relational operator is used according definition.

Clause 6.1.1 Basic string types and values
EXAMPLE 5: The assignment : "the Braille character" & char (0, 0, 40, 48) & "looks like this" represents the literal string: the Braille character looks like this.

I think not exactly.
There are spaces around the unicode character in concatenated string so I propose:
EXAMPLE 5: The assignment : "the Braille character " & char (0, 0, 40, 48) & " looks like this" represents the literal string: "the Braille character looks like this".

BTW: The picture of the Braille character is lost from the above sentences.

Always, where the signature is mentioned the "procedure call" may be used in description. Should it be precised that it is "remote procedure call"?
Should it be precised that always, when remote procedure returns value, it is blocking procedure?

The parts of the standard which may be affected are listed below, proposals are uppercased:

Clause 5.0, 2nd paragraph:
"A module consists of a definitions part and a control part. The definitions part of a module defines test components, communication ports, data types, constants, test data templates, functions, signatures for REMOTE procedure calls at ports, test cases etc.:"

Clause 13.3 Value returning remote BLOCKING procedures:
"A remote BLOCKING procedure may return a value after its termination. The type of the return value shall be specified by means of a return clause in the corresponding signature definition."

14.2 Declaring signature templates
14.2.0 General
Instances of procedure (SIGNATURE/REMOTE PROCEDURE) parameter lists with actual values may be specified using templates. Templates may be defined for any procedure (SIGNATURE/REMOTE PROCEDURE) by referencing the associated signature definition.

BR,
Mariusz Kupiec
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:

FacebookTwitterGoogle BookmarksRedditNewsvineTechnoratiLinkedin